Rotary Breakers are used in the primary and secondary reduction of ROM coal and in the separation of rock and mine refuse. This is accomplished through the tumbling action of the rotating drum, which lifts and drops the feed material repeatedly until the coal breaks down and exits the drum through the screen plate perforations while the rock and refuse move through and are rejected at the discharge end.
Currently McLanahan offers two Rotary Breaker models - the Heavy-Duty Rotary Breaker and the Standard-Duty Rotary Breaker.
Rotary Breakers incorporate a cylindrical drum with machined end sections that ride on a set of trunnion roller bases at either end. The cylinder is driven via a chain and sprocket drive utilizing a soft start coupling.
Rotary Breakers are also used in the aluminum industry to tumble blocks of spent carbon anode, which frees the cryolite from the surface of the block.
For more information on McLanahan Rotary Breakers, please read our literature, or if you have questions about these models or custom designed equipment Contact Us.
Heavy-Duty Rotary Breaker
The Heavy-Duty Rotary Breaker performs size reduction of ROM coal and separates undesired rock and other mine refuse. Our Heavy-Duty Rotary Breaker model, designed with narrower screen plates and additional beams, is built to withstand primary applications with large feed lumps, higher rock contents and higher capacities.
Standard-Duty Rotary Breaker
The Standard-Duty Rotary Breaker performs coal size reduction and separation of undesirables for applications with smaller feed sizes that contain less rock content and require less capacity. Built with many of the same features, this model is ideal for use at coal prep plants.
- Cylinder end sections manufactured out of heavy-duty fabricated steel construction and machined for concentricity to ensure smooth operation
- End sections joined by wide flange steel beams of appropriate length and quantity to form the cylinder
- Perforated screen plates with the proper hole diameter bolted to the insides of the beams in overlapping fashion to provide strength and rigidity to the cylinder
- Four independently adjustable trunnion rollers support the cylinder ends
- Cylinder ends and trunnion rollers all equipped with renewable steel tires