Laborer - 4am - 12pm
Primary Job Function
The primary focus will be maintaining a safe and clean work environment, incorporating Lean techniques. Responsibility also includes preparing and moving material to appropriate staging area for use by facility personnel. This position will also provide support to other facility personnel as needed and directed by supervisor which may include general custodial and mechanical functions.
Essential Functions/Key Accountability:
- Follow direction provided by Floor Supervisor or designee.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to read and follow standard operating procedures and direction from Supervisor.
- Operate motorized material moving equipment to transport materials to designated areas.
- Operate and perform visual inspection for overhead crane and/or jib hoist ensure proper utilization.
- Ability to use hand tools as identified by the intent of the tool.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment, utilizing Lean Techniques.
- Maintain building and grounds in a clean safe and orderly manner.
- Additional duties may include minor custodial, painting, carpentry, cement work, or other recognized craft for the purpose of maintaining, repairing, or remodeling the facility as needed.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing/custodial environment.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.
- Stable work experience, demonstrated positive behavior.
- Computer literacy including MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to successfully reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to operate or be certified to operate mobile equipment.
- Previous working knowledge of plumbing or electrical basics.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.
This position is typically located in a manufacturing setting and requires sitting and standing for long periods of time. The position requires ambulatory skills sufficient to travel domestically and internationally. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, visual acuity to use a keyboard. Ability to manipulate (move, lift, carry, etc.) items weighing 50 pounds. Requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of both verbal and written communication.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.View all Openings