Regional Sales Manager - Mid West Territory
Regional Sales Managers work to implement the growth and market share. By Cooperating developing and maintaining customer and dealer relationships by providing training, assistance, and support throughout assigned territory. Meeting sales goals. Assisting dealers and customers with proper selection of equipment by analyzing the application; understanding the customers’ desired end-result and providing post-sales support.
Essential Functions/Key Accountability:
- Follow direction provided by Director of Sales.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally(customers, trade shows, conferences, etc.) while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Make targeted contacts with dealers, customers and prospective customers.
- Work with dealer network to provide custom engineered solutions to the dairy industry that match the needs and motivators of prospective and current customers.
- Participate in the development of the dealers and Salesforce, provide estimates for projects in collaboration with the dealers and supporting teams and individuals throughout the company.
- Make presentations to perspective customers highlighting McLanahan competencies and engineered solutions.
- Attend/participate in trade shows and other events where industry segment representatives, customers, and prospects are in attendance; collaborate with McLanahan dealers to develop and execute an effective “event plan” and follow up strategy.
- Update and maintain the current CRM internal reporting system for conveyance of information and data gathered during sales and business development activities.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, and competitive activities.
- Form alliances with other groups and reps to promote a productive network of referrals.
- Provide superior customer service and problem-solving.
- Maintain professional, courteous relationships with staff, vendors, and referral sources.
This position is typically located in a office setting or remote location and requires sitting and standing for long periods of time. The position requires ambulatory skills sufficient to travel domestically and internationally. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, visual acuity to use a keyboard. Requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of both verbal and written communication. Requires the ability to manipulate 10 - 50 pounds on a regular basis (lift, carry, move, etc.).
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (preferred, but not required), or related field, or other equivalent training.
- Three (3) years of experience in sales.
- Preferred dairy background/dairy experience.
- Computer literacy including MS Office applications.
- Excellent mathematics skills & demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.