Why McLanahan High-Density Thickeners
Popular Applications for High-Density Thickeners
High-Density Thickeners are found in many applications such as:
- in the feed preparation to a subsequent filtration stage. Filters are most efficiently sized with a higher solids concentration but not too high such that the flow properties into the filter are inhibited. This enables the designer to take advantage of the lower operating costs of gravity separation provided by thickener before requiring the higher driven force (and higher cost) of a vacuum or pressure filter.
- Where there is value in improving water recovery in a tailings application but insufficient justification for a full paste system
- In a counter-current wash system where the higher underflow densities may reduce the number of stages required or reduce the volume of wash water required.
Benefits of McLanahan High-Density Thickeners
- Recovers immediately reusable process water
- Reduces demand on make-up water and helps keep water consumption at sustainable levels
- Drastic reduction in slurry volume reporting to waste ponds
- Reduces horsepower required to pump fresh water
- Tanks can be supplied as welded-together or bolt-together and with either concrete or steel bottoms
- Minimum drag rake arm design reduces the amount of torque required to move the rakes through the settled solids and minimizes the disturbance of the already settled solids
- Hydraulic drive to power rakes and operate the rake lif
- Accurate rake torque monitoring
- Rakes can operate in forward or reverse