Plant Location - Bethel, Maine. This customer had previously operated a Universal Jaw Crusher, and they knew these are tough, reliable Jaw Crushers with a long service life and minimal downtime. They also kew that the company would stand behind their products. When it was time to replace the existing primary, they chose another Universal Jaw Crusher.
The portable plant was designed with customized features requested by the customer. The unit has a 3242 Jaw, 44” x 20’ Vibrating Grizzly Feeder, 48” delivery conveyor and quad-axle rear running gear. It is an all-electric plant.
McLanahan’s Universal Jaw Crusher has a reputation as a “hard-rock” jaw known for high production. It has been field-proven worldwide as an efficient, cost-effective primary crusher in the toughest environments. It provides aggressive crushing action throughout the entire crushing chamber by utilizing large eccentric off-sets and a steep toggle angle. McLanahan offers a wide range of jaw sizes; there is a model for every need. Universal Jaw Crushers are available with “traditional” hydraulic-shim adjustment, while the H-Series Jaws offer “adjust-on-the-fly” capability with tramp iron relief, automatic reset, hydraulic clearing and fingertip adjustment of the discharge setting while under load.
McLanahan’s Vibrating Grizzly Feeders combine the dual function of scalping and feeding into one unit and are mainly used to feed a primary crusher. Providing a continuous feed rate under a variety of loading and material conditions, Vibrating Grizzly Feeders are designed to take heavy shock loads from loaders, trucks and shovels in a wide range of processing industries, including quarries, recycling facilities, mines, and sand and gravel operations.
McLanahan Vibrating Grizzly Feeders are known for their reliability and durability. They come in a variety of widths to match the opening of the crusher, and the height of the sides can be customized to meet the customer’s needs. For this customer, the Vibrating Grizzly Feeder was designed with shallower sides for use in the portabe plant, but deeper sides are also available for applications that use large haul trucks.
Jaw Crusher Features
- Material Feed: New England (Maine) granite
- True measure of feed opening (peak to valley inside wear plates)
- Traditional hydraulic-shim adjustment
- Wide range of discharge settings available
- Quality anti-friction bearings with high load ratings
- Heavy-duty reinforced fabricated base assembly
- Reversible jaw plates for maximum wear life
- Long jaw plates provide a superior nip angle
- Powerful crushing action throughout entire chamber
Vibrating Grizzly Feeder Features
- Standard sizes from 38” x 10’ to 74” x 25’ with various configurations available
- Adjustable grizzly bars
- Optional custom-designed, all-welded grizzly sections or punch plate