All dairy producers strive to provide a dry, clean, comfortable resting surface for their cows. For dairies bedding on reclaimed sand or manure solids, moisture removal is especially critical. Fortunately, advances in technology and management are making it easier to remove moisture and pathogens that can impact cow health and milk quality.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Management practices shown to reduce moisture and SCC
- Optimum moisture content for reclaimed sand or manure
- The impact of barn and stall design on bedding quality
- Manure management systems of successful dairies
- Dewatering screens, composters and bedding dryers