Plant Location - Chicago, Illinois. This customer had a long history in C&D recycling and knew the advantages a McLanahan Universal Jaw brings to an operation. Their existing 3254 Universal Jaw Crusher had performed extremely well over the past 21 years. While they kept their old 3254 Jaw, the decided to increase their profitability by gaining more production with less prep work and nearly eliminate the use of their hydraulic breaker.
They installed a McLanahan Universal Jaw Crusher Portable Primary Plant, consisting of a 3264 Recycle Jaw Crusher, 60” x 20’ Vibrating Grizzly Feeder and loading hopper on a removable steel skid.
McLanahan’s Universal Jaw Crushers have long been recognized as robust “hard-rock” crushers, and they are ideal for use in a variety of industries, including aggregates, mining and C&D recycling. Featuring a deep crushing chamber, McLanahan Universal Jaw Crushers provide a better nip angle and allow optimum efficiency. With a steep toggle angle to provide maximum crushing force, these crushers utilize the entire crushing chamber to reduce material to the desired product size. Manganese steel jaw dies are reversible, extending the life of the crushing components.
McLanahan offers a wide range of Jaw Crushers for every application in capacities up to 1,000 STPH. These are available with a traditional shim adjust system or with a fully hydraulic adjust system. McLanahan H-Series Jaw Crushers feature adjust-on-the-fly capabilities for maintaining a consistent product output and for eliminating downtime associated with shim adjustments. The H-Series Jaw Crusher also features hydraulic clearing as well as automatic tramp iron relief and reset for passing uncrushable material without operator intervention. Fingertip adjustment of the discharge setting allows for changes while the crusher is under load.
Jaw Crusher Features
- Material Feed: Reinforced concrete and RAP (C&D)
- Horsepower: TEFC crusher-duty, 200 HP, 460 V, 60 Hz , 1200 RPM electric motor
- Abrasion-resistant steel frame liners
- Welded stress relieved steel base
- Quality anti-friction bearings with high load ratings
- Reversible manganese steel jaw plates are also interchangeable
- Long jaw plates provide a superior nip angle
- Powerful crushing action throughout the entire chamber
- Adjust-on-the-fly technology at fingertip control
- Automatic tramp iron relief and auto-reset standard
- True measure of feed opening (from peak to valley inside wear plates)
- Wide range of discharge settings from 2” to 10” CSS
Vibrating Grizzly Feeder Features
- 6’ adjustable grizzly bars (3’ horizontal and 3’ sloped)
- Replaceable pan and side liners
- Bypass chute with flop gate under grizzly section
- Horsepower: TEFC 50 HP, 460 V, 60 Hz, 1200 RPM electric motor