Why McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens
McLanahan's extensive experience providing washing equipment started when Samuel Calvin McLanahan was granted a patent for the Log Washer in 1891. Since then, McLanahan's offerings have grown to include the widest range of washing equipment in the industry, with machine capacities ranging from 20 to 8,000 tph. Because of this, we can offer you the correct solution to meet your ore, rock or sand washing needs. Our solutions give you the most clean product ensuring you get the highest profitability with the least amount of downtime maintenance.
McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens run quieter and smoother because they are machined to perfectly concentric, which eliminates vibration and wobble. McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens offer a longer life and lower operating costs, as well as reduced tire and bearing maintenance.
McLanahan reviews the process needs of our customers prior to design, which means you get a Rotary Scrubber Screen that will help you meet or exceed your processing goals. McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens can be designed to accept an all-in or scalped feed and to handle a large range of tonnages and product sizes. With several minimal maintenance drive options to choose from, including gear and pinion, hydraulic, chain and sprocket, and friction, McLanahan ensures your machine will operate with less maintenance downtime.
How McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens Work
McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens make use of internal lifters inside cylindrical drums supported at each end by trunnion rollers. When combined with water, the internal lifters raise and drop material throughout the scrubber section to abrade and break down water-soluble contaminants.
Rotary Scrubber Screens are sized based on the type of feed material, the screen analysis of the feed, the percent and type of waste material to be removed and the available water. Retention time can also factor into the size of the machine, as retention time various from application to application.
The integral trommel screen size section depends on the amount of screening efficiency, desired cut point and or dewatering requirements.
Popular Applications for Rotary Scrubber Screens
The size of a Rotary Scrubber Screen is very application dependent. As with any screening device, a manufacturer needs application data to determine the amount of screening area. Keep in mind that with a rotary screen, only approximately one-third of the screening section cylinder is active at any one time. The following data is required:
- The required separation cut point(s)
- Incline slope of the machine
- Bulk density weight of the feed solids
- Per cent of oversize of the cut point
- Half size of the cut point
- Screen efficiency percent
Benefits of McLanahan Rotary Scrubber Screens
- Solid shell scrubber sections are electrically welded at all seams to withstand continual shock loading
- Abrasion-resistant steel or thick rubber liners prevent wear and drum leakage
- Retention time can be increased or decreased by modifying the lifter shelves
- Adjustable trunnion rollers are equipped with renewable steel tires
- Four drives are available: friction, hydraulic, gear and pinon, and chain and sprocket
- Trommel screen extensions available in urethan, punch plate, wire cloth or rubber media
- Pinch points are fully guarded
- All lubrication points share a common lubrication block(s)
- Available in three- and four-point suspensions
- Feed-end de-sanding is an option
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Rotary Scrubber Screen prices vary depending on the application. Contact McLanahan for a quote for your specific application.
What information should I have before choosing a Rotary Scrubber Screen?
Consider the size of your material and what type of contamination will need remove. Also consider how many tons per hour you want to process, as well as the process flow and the required location of the Rotary Scrubber Screen.
What additions should I consider?
Optional additions include a feed-end de-sander section, protective safety covers and a full-length spray bar.